– 1 pound crab meat, squeeze out any excess liquid
– 1/2 cup bread crumbs, divided
– 3 eggs
– 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
– 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
– 3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, minced
– 1 tablespoon (to 2 tablespoons) vegetable oil
garnish: cilantro sprigs
garnish: lime wedges
In a large bowl, combine crab meat, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1 slightly beaten egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro. Form mixture into patties.
Beat 2 eggs. Place eggs in a shallow pan or plate. Pour 1/4 cup of bread crumbs onto a plate. Dip each patty into beaten egg, covering both sides, and then cover with bread crumbs.
Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil to a large skillet. Over medium high heat, cook patties for approximately 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve hot.
Garnish with fresh lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Enter desired servings: