Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hours, 00 minutes
- 8 medium potatoes
- 2 onion
- 2 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. pareve chicken soup powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 Tbsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/2-1 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celcius).
2. Grate the potatoes and onion by hand or in a food processor. Let stand 3-5 minutes. Squeeze out excess liquid.
3. Place grated and drained potatoes and onions in a large bowl. Add beaten eggs and flour.
4. Dissolve soup powder in boiling water, and add to the potato mixture.
5. Add salt and pepper.
6. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
7. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until golden brown on top and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
YIELD: 12-14 servings.
Serve slightly warm or hot as a side dish with a meat entree such as brisket or roast chicken.
From Giora Shimoni – About.com/kosherfood